RESOURCES FOR YOU
There are a plethora of resources available for HDR candidates and academics who are working from home - and new ones being developed every day! These resources are to help you focus, maintain your physical and mental health, and support your peers.
Everyone works differently, and there is no one-size fits all for Social Isolation Prevention Sessions! Below is a list of SIPS of differing working styles, at differing working times, for different focuses of groups.
Please note: this is just a compiled list of resources. These groups are not affiliated and do not speak for the Central SIPS team.
This page is in the process of being updated.
ANU Research Development
HOST: Australian National University
KIND: Shut Up and Write
WHO: HDRs of any kind!
WHEN: Timezone GMT+11
HOST: Mindful Academics
KIND: Coffee Catch Up (Mindfulness Focused)
WHO: Anyone and Everyone
WHEN: Rotating availability of times and dates. Timezone GMT+11.
Websites to visit
FOR FOCUSED WRITING
- iThinkWell: ThinkWell uses the latest psychological and educational research to assist high achievers to achieve maximum productivity.
- TheResearchWhisperer: The Research Whisperer is dedicated to the topic of doing research in academia. We talk about finding funding, research culture, and building academic track-records.
- State Governments have created useful techniques to help the transition of working from home
- South Australia: www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/wps/wcm/connect/40907c27-4d4c-41ad-8144-8a5a7d974764/wellbeing-sa-workers-at-home.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CACHEID=ROOTWORKSPACE-40907c27-4d4c-41ad-8144-8a5a7d974764-n8lxH.I
- Victoria: www.education.vic.gov.au/hrweb/safetyhw/Pages/WFH.aspx
- Queensland: www.forgov.qld.gov.au/working-remotely-and-covid-19
- Western Australia: www.wa.gov.au/government/publications/working-remotely
- Tasmania: worksafe.tas.gov.au/topics/Health-and-Safety/safety-alerts/coronavirus/working-from-home
- New South Wales: www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/safe-workplaces/workers/working-from-home
- New Zealand: worksafe.govt.nz/managing-health-and-safety/novel-coronavirus-covid/working-from-home-under-alert-level-3/
- Black Dog Institute: Wellbeing majorly contributes to mental health. The Black Dog Institute has created the 'building blocks' that contribute to wellbeing.
- Beyond Blue - Be You: Beyond Blue have created specialised mental health and wellbeing tools for you!
- Head to Health: The Australian Government Department of Health have created a support page to help your mental health and wellbeing during the COVID-19 crisis.
Social Media Accounts to follow
- @virtualnotviral -- PhD-Virtual Not Viral: We offer links and resources for PHDs caught in the pandemic. We also host a weekly chat #virtualnotviral
- @JoyfulPhd -- Encouraging PhDs to thrive, not just survive. 24.7 support for #PhDwellbeing, esp. as we handle a global pandemic!
- @rellypops -- Dr Narelle Lemon. Ass/Prof in Education. Researcher in engagement/participation via combo of creative pedagogies/social media/positive psy/mindfulness + self-care advocate.
- @MindfulEveryday -- Mindfulness focused twitter
- @ithinkwellHugh -- Hugh Kearns. Procrastination, Perfectionism, Overcommitment and the Imposter Syndrome. Flinders University, Adelaide, iThinkWell. Lecturer, researcher and author.
- HDR student support group - COVID-19 in Australia: https://www.facebook.com/groups/656255255127332/